BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE PROGRAMMER
The Reports Programmer leverages software tools to transform data into useful insights that help business decisions. BI tools access and analyse data and present analytical findings in reports, summaries, dashboards, graphs, charts, and maps to provide users with detailed intelligence about the state of the business.
Reports Programmer must be able to understand the different types of data e.g. spreadsheet, CSV, JSON, XML and so on. It can include anything from coding to testing to debugging to designing to implementing newly developed tools and maintain existing tools.
- Design, develop and test of static reports (CSV, spreadsheets, among others).
- Update and debug existing of static reports (CSV, spreadsheets, among others).
- Design, develop and test of online reports (Web reports with interactions like filtering, drill down, highlights and data downloads).
- Update and debug existing of online reports (Web reports with interactions like filtering, drill down, highlights and data downloads).
- Design, develop and test of Key Performance Indicators.
- Update and debug of Key Performance Indicators.
- Design, develop and test online of dashboards.
- Update and debug existing online of dashboards.
- Design, develop and test online of leaderboards.
- Update and debug existing online of leaderboards.
- Design develop and test online of scorecards.
- Update and debug existing online of scorecards.
- Design, develop and test of SQL sentences.
- Update, debug and optimize existing of SQL sentences.
- Make recommendations about the methods the company should use to collect, analyze and manage data to improve data quality and efficiency.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 2-3 years of experience in web programming; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Languages required: PHP, HTML, JS and CSS.
- Database management system: MySQL.
- Control version system: GIT.
- Knowledge in web services and API.
- Knowledge of excel.
- Knowledge and experience in advance Database Querying.
- Basic comprehension of standard development process of web applications, from User interface to database structures.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Possess a strong work ethic with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Capable of multitasking, prioritizing, and managing time efficiently.
- Must be able to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Ability to present results to both technical and non-technical audiences.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bi-lingual: English and Spanish
- Web Programming framework: Symfony
- Capability to adopt and learn new programming languages, libraries and technologies as necessary.
- Knowledge in data warehousing.
- Experience in Business Intelligence concepts.
- Experience in ETL process.
- Experience in Pentaho solutions (Is a super plus)
- Experience in visualization tools
- Experience and knowledge in Agile and Scrum
Bachelor’s degree or higher in a quantitative field (Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, etc.)